This is gonna be a short review and pics will be coming, eventually.
First place we ate at on our trip to Seattle was Salumi. Marinara found it on her search for things to do in Seattle and she said it was good and Bourdain loved it so we went for lunch on Thursday. A little trek from our hotel found us waiting outside their storefront, along with quite a few other people. This, along with a quick peek at their signage outside told me I was gonna be stuffing my face with a good oxtail sandwich within minutes, but sadly this was not to be because we got there late in the day for them, 2 PM. This is late for them because they're only open until 4. And they open shop at 11AM. And they're only open Tuesday through Friday.
Helpful hint: A line out the door and crazy, limited hours are usually a sign of good food.
Since oxtail was gone, I had to settle for grilled lamb with roasted red peppers, onions, gorgonzola, and their special spreads on olive oil bread. Soh settled for Salumi Salami, I think, with onions, gorgonzola, and their special spreads on olive oil bread. My food was fucking awesome, even though the bread was probably the last batch of the day and some of the lamb slices were a little tough, it was still fucking awesome. That's all I have to say about that. I only got to taste a slice of soh's salami and it was fucking awesome. If this place wasn't closed for the weekend we woulda eaten there much more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment